Privacy statement Vesting Finance(short version) & disclaimer
Vesting Finance is a leading financial services provider. We provide a wide range of services, from customer acceptance to payment. We make appropriate payment agreements with consumers and reduce payments arrears. In this way, we ensure financial vitality and growth of businesses, and we prevent excessive lending to consumers. All this is done in a very careful and professional manner. Vesting Finance is the data controller with regard to processing the personal data originating from a number of companies that form part of Vesting Finance. These companies are: Vesting Finance Incasso B.V., Vesting Finance Servicing B.V. and Incassobureau Fiditon B.V., having their registered offices at Van Asch van Wijckstraat 55F in Amersfoort.
Note: This is the short version of our privacy statement. For the extended version, please click here.
What personal data do we process?
We need your personal data to be able to do our job. These include your name, date of birth, address, place of residence, email address, telephone number, bank account number, details of the agreement of your purchase or credit and (payment) information and financial details, current and past. We also need information in order to assess whether you have paid or are going to pay your account or debt (on time) and whether you are receiving too much credit. That is why we need to know if you have had any debts in the past, the amount of those debts and whether you repaid these debts (on time). That will give us an indication of how likely it is that you will repay your loan or credit. This is what we call a risk profile. We also store data that we collect via the internet, email, chat, apps or social media (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram). We record telephone conversations to train and coach our staff and to record transactions. Vesting Finance processes sensitive personal data, such as personal data relating to criminal records, your health and your citizen service number (BSN).
Who provides us with personal data?
The following parties may provide us with your personal data: the Chamber of Commerce, the Land Registry, the Central Insolvency Register, public document verification and signalling registers, the Addresses and Building Database (BAG), the Personal Records Database (BRP), the debt counselling, the courts, the entries in the Dutch Government Gazette (Staatscourant) and daily and weekly newspapers and other public sources, such as social networks and other media. We also use non-public sources, such as credit/information agencies, debt collection agencies and clients with whom you have or have had a business or financial relationship and the database of Focum.
What do we use your data for?
Vesting Finance uses personal data for:
- Storing, managing and collecting invoices and debts. A debt is the obligation to pay back a loan or credit.
- Determining a credit score. A credit score indicates whether you are able to pay back your debts. In order to do this, we check your payment history. This is also called profiling or credit profiling.
- Running campaigns involving the creation of profiles in order to improve our communication with you and collect debts more effectively.
- Checking and completing the following personal data: name, address and place of residence, date of birth, telephone number(s) and email address(es). This information has to be correct. It must be possible for our clients to contact you when necessary, for example, if you have received too much credit. That is what we call excessive lending. In that case, we can adjust the amount of credit and reduce costs.
- Sharing your personal data with other companies such as our sister organisation Focum Solutions B.V. We also share your information with other business partners if necessary to provide our services. These may be credit/information agencies, debt collection agencies and bailiffs.
- Offering additional services to help our clients to make their own decisions about credit portfolios, for example, a creditworthiness analysis.
- Determining the value of a (credit) portfolio.
- Quick processing of information you have provided via a website or social media.
On what legal basis do we use your data?
We process your personal data on the basis of the following legal bases:
- You have given your consent for using your data, for example, for a check with the Dutch Credit Registration Office (BKR).
- We have or would like to enter into an agreement with each other, for example, a credit agreement.
- Vesting Finance must comply with legal requirements. These may be related to taxes, sanction legislation, debt, attachments, the prevention of money laundering, financing of terrorism, fraud and excessive lending.
- Legitimate interest This means that Vesting Finance can use your personal data if this is necessary for carrying out and improving its business activities such as collecting payments and creating profiles. If you are reluctant to provide us with certain information that is necessary for an agreement, we are allowed to take the necessary measures if the client can demonstrate that it will suffer damage as a result. Your assets may be seized, the agreement may be terminated, or both.
Profiling and automated decisions
Vesting Finance carries out campaigns. We use profiles in order to improve our communication with you and collect debts more effectively. Vesting Finance has a legitimate interest in drawing up these kind of profiles, because this information is important to prevent excessive lending and payment arrears. Any decisions with legal consequences that are made by Vesting Finance are never based solely on a profile that is formed from data that have been processed automatically. The profile is intended to help with decision-making, whereby the process always involves human beings. You can object to your profile being drawn up. We will then weigh up your objections in the light of the legitimate interest of Vesting Finance when drawing up and using a profile.
Who has access to your data?
We also transfer your personal data to other companies. These include our sister organisation Focum, credit/information agencies, debt collection agencies, regulators, lawyers, bailiffs, payment service providers such as IDEAL, banking institutions that arrange payment transfers, debt collectors within the context of our services and government agencies to which we are legally obliged to disclose your personal data, such as the tax authorities.
What are your rights?
You have the right to view and change the personal data that we have collected from you. You have the right to object to the processing of your personal data. In certain cases, you can also ask us to limit the processing of your personal data, erase your data, transfer your data to another data controller or have it deleted. If you wish to do any of these, please send a request to the data protection office, firstname.lastname@example.org and indicate that it concerns a personal data request. Please enclose a copy of your identity document so that we can be sure that you are the person submitting the request. Make sure that you black out your passport photograph and your citizen service number. This is to protect your privacy. Also provide your private address and the file number. You will receive an overview of your data or a response to your request within one month of your request. When we process your personal data on the basis of your consent, you can withdraw this consent at any time.
Right to make a complaint
You can make a complaint about the processing of your personal data. If Vesting Finance does not meet your request for access, correction, objection, restriction, deletion or transfer of your personal data, you can submit a complaint to the Data Protection Authority. If you are not happy with how the complaint is resolved, you can lodge an appeal with the courts.
Security of your personal data
Vesting Finance takes the protection of your data very seriously. We take measures to prevent misuse, loss, unauthorised access, unwanted disclosure and unauthorised changes of your data. The measures we take meet the general data security requirements. We have made agreements about this with the processors and regularly evaluate the measures taken and, if necessary, we will adjust them.
For many types of data, the minimum retention periods are the statutory time periods. If there is no statutory period, Vesting Finance stores the data insofar as necessary to provide its services. Your personal data will in any case be deleted or irreversibly anonymised eight years either after the date when final payment was received or after the date when we received your personal data.
Processing outside the EU and EEA
In principle, Vesting Finance does not process data outside the European Union (EU) and the European Economic Area (EEA). However, data are processed in the United Kingdom, which will fall outside the EU after Brexit. Vesting Finance will ensure proper data protection. We comply with the internal rules that apply to multinationals (Binding Corporate Rules) or we use European model contracts (Standard Contractual Clauses). Do you want to know which personal data are processed outside the EU and the EEA? You have the right to inspect your personal data. For more information, see the section entitled 'What are your rights?'
Questions and Contact
If you have any questions about the way we handle your personal data, please contact the Data Protection Officer of Vesting Finance and send an email to email@example.com or send a letter to: DPO, Vesting Finance, Van Asch van Wijkstraat 55F, 3811 LP Amersfoort.
Making changes to the privacy statement
Vesting Finance has the right to change this privacy statement at all times. This may happen, for example, in the case of new developments, business activities, online services, or if there are changes in the law or case law. We therefore advice you to check this privacy statement every now and then. You will then be aware of any changes that may have been made. You will automatically be notified of any major changes to the privacy statement.
Note: This is the short version of our privacy statement. For the extended version, please click here.
The information displayed on this website has been carefully composed by Vesting Finance. However, Vesting Finance cannot guarantee the accuracy or completeness of the information. Vesting Finance is not liable for any damage which has occured or may occur in connection with and/or results from the use of the web page or to the impossibility to use the web page.
This website provides information about products and services offered by Vesting Finance. Changes can be made without prior notice. Vesting Finance is not liable for problems related to the functioning of this website.
Although Vesting Finance makes every effort to prevent abuse, it is not liable for information and / or messages sent by users of the website via the Internet. Links to sites that are not maintained by Vesting Finance are purely to inform the visitor. lthough Vesting Finance is extremely selective in referring to other websites, it can not vouch for the content and operation thereof, nor the quality of any products and / or services offered.
The content of this website may only be used to obtain information. It is not permitted to reproduce the content of the site, transmit, distribute, disseminate or make available to third parties without express written permission of Vesting Finance.