Portfolio Strategy & Analytics Manager
Portfolio Strategy & Analytics Manager; Arrow Netherlands
The overall purpose of the role
The overarching goal of this role is to optimise the performance of all NL owned and third-party assets by overseeing and supporting the design, production and implementation of collection strategies, and to facilitate industry leading analytics for the use of customer data and internal data processes.
The role holder will be responsible for 4 colleagues in the Portfolio Analytics team covering amicable, litigation and specialist collection strategies.
This is a complex role with stakeholders across all areas of the business. The role holder will be required to have a high degree of analytical ability and strong stakeholder management skills.
The Portfolio manager is a key stakeholder of the Vesting Finance Enterprise Datawarehouse and participates in Arrow initiatives to make data sets available for analytical purposes. He/she will develop a deep analytical understanding of our customers, our data and all available options. He/she will work with the team to identify the best solution, noting weaknesses and opportunities and will oversee the design, production and testing of any solution. He/she will analyse new data sets, identify potential benefits and compare with existing data, even if the format or structure is dramatically different.
This is a key leadership role and the individual will be responsible for driving the value of the assets Arrow owns and/or manages for third parties. He/she will also be expected to take ownership of key strategic projects.
- Setting portfolio management strategies, e.g. deciding on portfolio collection strategies for existing and new portfolios, for both owned and third-party managed assets;
- The role holder will own the portfolio numbers and hence will be for responsible for delivering accurate portfolio insights locally and reporting on strategies and explaining performance variances across the business to the North Europe Asset Manager;
- Forecasting expected portfolio performance, in cooperation with Group modelling and analytics;
- Preparing financial and operational business cases in support of new portfolio and asset management acquisition processes;
- Delivering customer insights that drive portfolio management strategies;
- Occasional travel will form part of the role (approx. 5-10%, mostly between the Netherlands and the UK).
The successful candidate will be:
- Curious and driven by a need to understand, improve and fix issues;
- Demonstrate operational delivery, preferably gained in roles within the services industry;
- Think strategically with a keen eye for detail;
- Able to work in a fast-paced, dynamic environment with strict deadlines;
- Driven and ambitious, full of energy.
- Bachelor’s degree in a quantitative field, e.g. mathematics/statistics/physics/ economics;
- Advanced Excel skills;
- Knowledge of and experience in using SQL. Knowledge of Python and/or R is desirable;
- At least 5 years working experience on an academic level, preferably within financial services and/or portfolio management;
- Fluent in both Dutch and English;
- An understanding/appreciation of modelling techniques;
- Strong communicator with positive influencing and interpersonal skills, including strong stakeholder management skills at a senior level up to director and executive level;
- Ability to synthesise complex ideas and analytical results and present these in a clear and concise manner to internal stakeholders;
- Effective prioritisation and organisational skills; ability to manage competing priorities;
- Experience in a management role, may have been informal responsibilities;
- Strategic planning and decision-making skills;
- Ability to articulate options available to the business and value/cost projects appropriately;
- Ability to use judgement to take calculated decisions based on experience; disseminate information and understand key risks quickly;
- Strong commercial acumen and understanding of how a business works;
- Innovative, ability to identify and suggest new ways of working.
- Educated to master’s degree level in a quantitative field, e.g. mathematics/ statistics/physics/economics;
- Experience of working in the FS industry and/or a regulated environment.
- The role holder will determine projects that the strategy team will deliver over the next 12 to 18 months and will support the team in their recommendation of strategies with a focus on increasing revenue and reducing cost to collect;
- Key role in driving value across the business.
- Strong stakeholder management skills are required to ensure that solutions identified by the team are adopted by the business;
- Key stakeholders include the Arrow Global Group Head of Analytics and North Europe Asset Manager, Vesting Executive Committee and Group Portfolio Pricing functions.
Vesting Finance is market leader in the field of Financial Servicing and Credit Management. We provide banks and other financial service providers with the complete back office for consumer loans and mortgage loans. We also excel in preventing and reducing payment arrears for clients in various sectors. Supported by innovative IT systems, Vesting Finance supports its clients in all phases of the process from customer acceptance to payment. The smart use of data makes us particularly successful and efficient in this respect.
Vesting Finance stands for financial vitality. For our clients, but above all for consumers. Appropriate, individual solutions for the long term are paramount. We strive for a balance in the interests of the consumer, client and society. Vesting Finance works on the basis of an AFM license, whereby the supervisor supervises the duty of care and compliance with the regulations. We also work according to the guidelines of the NVI, which are regularly tested.
Find out more about what we do and how we work: https://vimeo.com/211290911
Building Better Financial Futures
Vesting Finance is a 100% subsidiary of Arrow Global Group, listed in London. Arrow Global has a portfolio value of 40 billion, of which 4 billion from Vesting Finance.
Our office is established in Amersfoort. With more than 400 colleagues, we continue to make structural improvements and build on the values of our organization:
- We succeed together
- We do the right thing
- We're trusted & valued
- We're good & creative
Vesting Finance offers you an interesting and responsible job in a challenging, dynamic and informal environment (Flexible Working), an enthusiastic team of colleagues and plenty of opportunities to develop yourself. You benefit from our excellent terms of employment, including 29 days off, 8% holiday pay, a good pension scheme and a 13th month.
If you have become enthusiastic about this vacancy and recognize yourself in the profile, you can apply via our website. You can ask questions about the position by mail email@example.com for the attention of Saskia den Boer, Corporate Recruiter.
Click here for the privacy statement of Vesting Finance Recruitment:
Acquisition in response to this vacancy is not appreciated.
Heb jij interesse in deze vacature?
Deel deze vacature!Deel via e-mail
Heb je een vraag over werken bij Vesting Finance?
Neem contact op met onze Recruiters
Werken bij Vesting Finance betekent een bijdrage leveren aan een gezonde Nederlandse economie
Dankzij voortdurende aandacht voor kwaliteit en duurzame samenwerking zet de groei van de afgelopen jaren onverminderd door.